Sunday, August 19, 2007

Starting New Job

Next week I start my new job. I'm excited to get started.

Having worked from home for the past 6 months, I'm sure there will be some adjustments I'll have to make. Certainly my pajamas are probably no longer considered acceptable work attire. Although there were aspects of working from home I thoroughly enjoyed, there was a loss of team spirit which I'm looking forward to having again.

What really excites me, though, is jumping into some new code, especially since the code with which I had been working left much to be desired. I'm embarrassed to admit that despite Java5's age, I've not yet been on a project which uses it. Naturally I've boned up on Generics, Enums, etc, but no amount of reading replaces the familiarity I gain from using something day-in and day-out.

No comments: